Start a new topic

Overlay and features coming back?

I made the change over to Raptr as soon as the team at Xfire were taken over. It had all the features I wanted, chat integration, FPS counter and more. So now that you removed it this program literally has no point for me to use. As such I was wondering if the team will be integrating these features back, at the very least the FPS counter and overlay? As it stands right now Raptr is no use to me at all, without these features I have no use for this program and I'm fairly certain a large amount of others feel the same way. Basically short version is do you want to kill Raptr? Cause taking away features from it is how you kill Raptr. 

3 people like this idea

Login to post a comment

Raptr has been going downhill since years ago, and given how little to no effort has been done by the Raptr employes to reverse this, this change is very probably permanent, and these features are never coming back. They rather focus on pointless stuff, like plays.tv

Ever since it's last update 4/27/2016 the Raptr client stops tracking my games after five days then I have to do a full uninstall and fresh install after rebooting my system. Then Plays.tv won't even recognize that any game is running for me to make clips or stream.

Ironically, Raptr is making the very decisions that caused xFire to shut down; removing all the features that attracted its userbase in order to revamp the client into something the userbase isn't interested in. They willingly risk losing what userbase they had for the sake of a Twitch/Reddit hybrid and breaking stuff as they go. I loved Raptr when I started using it back in 2010, but now it's a shell of its former self.

At the rate things are going, we'll all eventually move over to Evolve.

Yeah your right ZeroRaptor, I have been trying to find a new replacement since the last patch took away a core feature but broke others and so far I am jumping between using Overwolf or Evolve. I was a dedicated and loyal fan since 2008 seeing them destroy it like what happened with XFire is history repeating itself. 

@vgameozz - That sounds more like a bug than anything else. Game tracking and detecting a game for recording are still features we support heavily. I have gone ahead and answered your ticket. I believe your issue can be resolved by reinstalling the game(s).

@ZeroRaptor - I appreciate your feedback. However, we're not losing numbers when it comes to our user base. Have we removed some features (some of which users may have particularly loved)? Yes. However, we never blindly remove functions or features. It's talked about and debated for long periods and typically they are only removed because:

• It was causing far too many issues to try and maintain it.
  • It was generally not used very much.
I do apologize that you feel like a lot of your favorite features are either gone, or not working as intended. We always recommend users make their voices heard on the features they specifically do want or provide constructive criticism on current features.

Practically any AMD graphics drivers has in notes that some games may crash because of raptr's overly, so please "temporary" disable overlay for those games. I assume it is that overlay which was deprecated by Raptr team.

Right now I personally have a feeling that I would be fine being without raptr but with PlaysTV only.

With Steam having a lot of similar features to Raptr there's no point in having an additional overlay for games. Steam now has an integrated FPS counter in it's overlay. Chat features, Broadcasting, etc. The landscape is constantly evolving so Raptr's team adapted. That's what any company would do.

@lordfirefox yeah but not all games work with the steam overlay once added as a non-steam games plus steam doesn't currently allow it's users to stream to Twitch.tv, Youtube, or Facebook and other sites to upload screenshots to like Imgur they only allow streaming or screenshots on their service only as of now. I want some form of the overlay with Raptr since it broadcast to twitch.tv and raptr's plays.tv so I can chat with viewers.

@VGAMEOZZ Actually you're incorrect. Non-Steam games DO work with the overlay I've tested it many times. If a non-steam game isn't working with the overlay then it's probably a bug. Likely the game you're trying to use the overlay with doesn't support DX 9/10/11 or OpenGL very well or is an old DosBox game from GoG. DosBox games won't work with Raptr's overlay anyhow so that's a non-issue.

@lordfirefox Like I said not all non-steam games work as you only answered the one question instead of answering all of my response... (Steam doesn't currently allow it's users to stream to Twitch.tv, Youtube, or Facebook and other sites to upload screenshots to like Imgur they only allow streaming or screenshots on their service only as of now. I want some form of the overlay that broadcast to twitch.tv and raptr's plays.tv so I can chat with viewers.) Please respond with something new that I didn't already know about steam or an alternative software to broadcast to Plays.tv etc.