Start a new topic

AMD Gaming evolve stuck on update

For about 2 weeks im having trouble with amd gaming evolved update. After pc boot it launches and says it is now updating (100% done), and it stays like that, it doesnt proceed. Tried restarting pc, restarting app. Checked kaspersky, but app isnt blocked in any module. App is runing in pc admin mode. Reinstal fixes it, but only for 2-3 updates, then its back again. Any idea what could fix it permamently?

1 person has this problem

Login to post a comment

Typically we find that if it's getting stuck at 100% and not finalizing itself, it's having some kind of network error. We've seen Firewalls cause an issue with it, so you may want to check that.

It could be when it's dropping into a major update (1.12, 1.13, etc) and not a minor patch (1.12.4).

Amd apps and settings are in firewall set as trusted, tried disabling firewall and kaspersky. Still stuck at it. Any other ideas?

I'd recommend creating a ticket with logs if possible. But I'll need one more extra file from you that isn't included in the automatic method.

If you're able to follow this method, I'd recommend doing so:

Right-click on the Raptr taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. Post back here to let me know you have sent it. 

However, if you need to send files manually, create a ticket at http://support.raptr.com/support/home and then let me know once you've created it. I'll reply back with more instructions.

I cant do anything with raptr, it says it is updating, and even if i right click it nothing happens, same with double click, only displays this updating message when i hower over it for about 1sec. All i can really do is reinstall and then try doing that feedback thing.

And why would i need to create another ticket, i mean i created this one, why need for one more?

Technically this is a forum post. As such, it's open to the public to view and make comments. 

A ticket would be private between you and the company. This would allow us to receive files from you while still maintaining your privacy.

If you're okay with placing your personal log files publically, then you are more than welcome, but I advise against it. Here is the instructions for sending the logs, plus the additional file we would need to see:

1) Press the Windows key + R to get the run command box up

2) Type %appdata% and press Enter.

3) Open the "Playstv" folder.

4) Locate "playstv.log" (it may be labeled 'playstv') and attach it to this ticket. Zip the file if necessary.

5) You will also find a folder called "ltc", please include the entire contents of this folder in the zip file.

The logs file should look like this; Do not include files named "playstv.log.1"

We would also need in your Program Files for Plays.tv a text file called "install". 

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

There was neither playstv in roaming, nor anything in playstv folder except for ltc_help64-111298.dll

In file attached itc folder in rar file.

ltc.rar
45.7 KB

My apologies; I typically deal with mostly the technical issues regarding Plays.tv so I can tend to slip up when dealing with a Raptr specific issue. You will basically follow the same instructions, but with Raptr instead. I'll post the changes here. Once again, I apologize for the confusion.

1) Press the Windows key + R to get the run command box up

2) Type %appdata% and press Enter.

3) Open the "Raptr" folder.

4) Locate "raptr.log" (it may be labeled 'raptr') and attach it to this ticket. Zip the file if necessary.

5) You will also find a folder called "ltc", please include the entire contents of this folder in the zip file.

Do not include files named "raptr.log.1"

We would also need in your Program Files for Raptr a text file called "install".

Everything mentioned in attached rar file.

I'm noticing an error in the logs in regards to Language.

What language are you using for Windows?

Your Dxdiag could also inform of what it is.

Locale is english united states, DXdiag in attached file

I am having the exact same problem AMD Gaming Evolve stuck on update...(100.00% done)..

Have you tried running the client as Administrator, and/or reinstalling the client?

tried running as admin, no effect, reinstal solves problem for 1-2updates then back to the begining.

@gankersik - Thanks for letting me know. I've made an internal bug ticket for our team to investigate with the files you sent. Hopefully we'll find something.