Start a new topic

Unable to record or stream

AMD have always lacked in software against their competitors NVIDIA, I had a gtx 970 few month ago and shadow play was okay to stream and record it was simple and easy to use, I recently bought a r9 390x, gameplay is great but once again AMD can't get their software sorted, driver updates always have errors I've had to totally remove my drivers a couple of times to install new updates, and the gaming evolved will not stream to twitch or record, it's like the hot keys aren't recognised, I get no error nothing happens at all after pressing the hot keys to stream or record...

Login to post a comment

Well it seems like there is issues on 2 different ends, but I'll do my best to assist you.

AMD Gaming Evolved (Raptr) and Plays.tv are developed by Raptr Inc. so we'll assist you with issues involving both.

"driver updates always have errors" - Is this in actually updating the drivers, or when trying to download them from the AMD Gaming Evolved app?

"gaming evolved will not stream to twitch or record" - Twitch streaming would be through AMD Gaming Evolved (Raptr). If there is a problem, we can look into that for you. However, recording would be done through Plays.tv.

"hot keys aren't recognised, I get no error nothing happens at all after pressing the hot keys to stream or record" - Definitely sounds like something isn't working as intended. 

If you'd like, I can look into all your issues for you. Just recreate the problem and then send in a ticket with logs attached.

To send logs you just right-click on the Plays.tv or AMD Gaming Evolved taskbar icon, select Help > Feedback, fill out the info and make sure the checkbox is selected. If you do it with AMD Gaming Evolved, it will contain the logs for both Plays and Raptr. Post back here to let me know you have sent it

Ahh i see, basically with updating drivers i occasionaly get issues, it will go through the full upgrade then at the very end, it will show an error which i should of recorded but i didnt, and say something like update could not be installed, even though it had finished the installation/upgrade process.

So when that has happened i have had to clean all drivers uninstall everything and start again.

With reference to Raptr, when i open the control centre, for AMD gaming evolved, in this application it shows in the settings hotkeys to start recording and streaming, i press either and nothing happens at all.

i have logged into my twitch through the panel but nothing happens when i try to begin a stream.

i will do a log for sure thanks for your response really want this sorting

No problem!

Yeah, the driver update thing sounds....odd. You may want to contact AMD directly if you continue to have issues like that.

Does the Preferences for Hotkeys look like this?

If it's showing recording, it might be using a fairly old version of the client when it still had recording in it. 

Can you check the AMD Gaming Evolved version for me? To check that, right-click on the taskbar icon like before but select Help > About Raptr