Start a new topic
Solved

Played trackable games, but no notification entry, no reward

There's an issue with tracking game time. I played different games on different machines of mine, different OS, different security apps. Raptr desktop app was running all the time. 

But there were no notifications about the time played, and for those sessions above 20 min, no rps rewarded. Daily cap had not been reached. Even though the game time was correctly registered in the "collections" section of the raptr app. 

2 of those sessions were:

Nov 24th, 6:31 UTC Defy Gravity ~11 min

Nov 24th, 7:28 UTC Drakensang ~26 min

PS: rp for daily visit of community still works.

Login to post a comment

Hi there!

So, a couple of things, one, we don't award points for sessions smaller than 20 minutes, so that answers one issue right away.

Next, our maximum daily cap is reset at 00:00 GMT/UTC, which is about 4:00 PM PST for us.

Which typically means that there is an issue when calculating EXACTLY when the points reset for users.

We're showing that the points may have been carried over from the previous day.

Let us know if it happens again.

Hi, and thanks for your reply. Sorry, but it's still not tracking, i.e. no notification of game time. 

And, yes, I am fully aware that sessions under 20 min are not awarded (as I wrote in the OP above). But, usually you get a notification even if not valid for rps. And that's missing, telling me something's broken. There have been notifications in the past even for sessions just a couple of seconds short (game crashed on startup etc.).

2 recent sessions, though not rp-eligible they should have been noticed by the system:

Nov 24th 21:15 UTC Drakensang ~10 min

Nov 24th 21:44 UTC Faerie Solitaire ~4 min

And 1 more session, this time qualifying for rps:

Nov 24th 22:13 UTC Faerie Solitaire ~25min

We made some recent changes and this may have unfortunately been affected subsequently.

Did you receive a notification that we had successfully detected the game at least?

Do you mean when the game ends you're not getting the notification in the corner saying that you played?

Yes, indeed, I meant the notification in the notification drop down in top right corner of the desktop app, appearing seconds after you finish playing a game. And even if the session does not qualify for rp's you get one stating the game time of that session.

Btw, somebody must have done something. Since about 4 hours ago I again get notifications and rp's as well.

Only that statement of yours regarding time zones and resets I do not really understand. The new day begins at about 8:00 UTC as far as my user experience goes. Which is about 0:00 PST, isn't it? Not sure about those things, though.

Yeah, we took a look, let me know if it happens again.

Interesting in regards to the time zones, I'll have a look into it.

Same issue here. I'm getting points and my gametime is registered when I play Diablo III (Battle.NET client).

But when I play Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Steam), there's no points, and no notifications regarding game sessions.

Both Raptr and Steam are running as Administrator, but Battle.NET client is not.

Both Shadow of Mordor and Diablo III have "Track gameplay" option selected.

A quick suggestion: does it have something to do with 32bit/64bit?

Because Diablo is 32bit, if I'm not mistaken, and Shadow of Mordor is definitely 64bit.

Raptr is also 32bit, if my Process Explorer isn't lying.

May there be an issue with 32bit application tracking a 64bit one?