Start a new topic

Desktop App keeps crashing when accessing the new (support) forum pages

Just to let you know, if you don't yet, that there seems to be a problem with desktop app and the new (support) forum pages.

I usually go there via: "Help"-Button (lower left corner) -> Support (new window opens up with old forum) -> AMD Gaming Evolved Help! forum -> that sticky forum relocation post -> clicking the link in that post.

Then, navigating seems to be work, but as soon as I trigger an action like new post or the ticket buttons at the top, the complete desktop app vanishes crashing.

What I noticed is that

1) I am not logged in when I first go there,

2) then click the login button, which seems to work, being logged in afterwards,

3) then close that extra window,

4) re-navigate to the new forum (as described above).

5) then I am logged in straight away & it's seems to be not crashing anymore

If I action something directly after 1) or 2), it still crashes often if not always.

Now I will try to save this post, without the crashing away before...

Edit: well, saving the OP went without crashing, but when I directly came back here for an edit, it crashed. (This is the second try with the complete procedure as given above). Hope this just a temporary state of integrating that forum 'software'. 

Login to post a comment

Interesting info, can you send in your logs right after doing this?

To send to your log files:

1) Open the Raptr client

2) Right click on the Raptr icon in the system tray

3) Click on Help, then Feedback.

4) In the window that appears, check the box at the bottom (Send log file).

5) In the text box, please either describe the issue or paste the URL of your forum thread

6) Hit send.

7) Post back here when you have sent your logs.

having similar problems also

@ghosts1975 - You are welcome to send your logs as well regarding this issue. Make sure to let us know when you send them.

Having a similar issue except that i cant even start the raptr desktop app without it crashing and  vanishing  from the  system tray.

no other programs seem to be affected. so cant even send log files.