Start a new topic

Black Screen When Recording

When recording everything is fine, but when I look at the footage afterwards, its just a black screen with the audio. I don't know why it does this. Is there any way to fix it?

19 people have this problem

Login to post a comment

before version 4.2.4, it was a green screen. Then is was fixed in 4.2.4. Since 4.2.5 is has been recording a black screen. I don't know why they just can't undo what they changed from 4.2.4 -> 4.2.5

So everybody gets the black screen?

Nope, just some users get the black screen. Let's see if we can't find a comparison!

Can you attempt to record and then send in your logs afterwards?

To send to your log files:

1) Open the Raptr client

2) Right click on the Raptr icon in the system tray

3) Click on Help, then Feedback.

4) In the window that appears, check the box at the bottom (Send log file).

5) In the text box, please either describe the issue or paste the ticket number for your issue.

6) Hit send.

7) Post back here when you have sent your logs.

(Note: Make sure that you quit out of any game you are in before you send in your logs.) 

Log sent.

Log sent from my Radeon HD 7850 machine. I'll send it from my R9 290x machine later today. Both machines record black.

Logs from my R9 290x machine have been sent.

Sent log file HD 7970...

Note... It worked for DOTA 2 but I need it to work for Planetside 2... any suggestions would help

i got the same problem here a clip i upload http://plays.tv/video/548d7df182325dd9e1

In my fall I installed AMD VCE for Dxtory and OBS this was the problem so uninstall them

and important you have to remove the following Reg keys so make a backup!!!

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaResources\icm\VIDC.H264
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc\OPENENCODEVFW.DLL
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\VIDC.H264
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc\OPENENCODEVFW.DLL
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\VIDC.H264
and OPENENCODEVFW.DLL in %WINDIR%\syswow64 or %WINDIR%\system32

Well, I don't have any of those keys on either of my machines so unfortunately that doesn't help.

Yeah i only said "In my fall"

I am still having a problem with this, I sent in feedback with the logs and the description. Has there been any news on what is causing this or a possible fix?

I haven't personally asked recently, but a lot of our resources are going into enhancing the GVR. Let me see if I can't get an update today for you.