Start a new topic

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim

In both Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim I can't use raptr with in-game overlay and/or track gameplay selected because my keyboard function don't work. I have to alt tab out to close the game and then restart with Raptr turned off or those two options unchecked. With Oblivion alt tabbing out and then back in is enough to correct the problem, but doing the same in Skyrim causes a separate issue of your desktop mouse pointer showing with the in-game mouse pointer.

A few other notes:

I'm playing Oblivion from CD install and Skyrim from steam install.

I play with the Raptr overlay function off in all games but when I did use it the same issues arose.

An old forum post with same(unsolved) issue: http://raptr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35187

Login to post a comment

I created a ticket on the topic now. I'm going to look into the issue a bit deeper. It really stems from the fact that we cannot recreate it here at Raptr no matter what we try. 

Here is some info that can help though:

1) Do you have any Skyrim mods running?

2) Are you using a Script Extender of any kind?

3) What type of keyboard are you using?

4) Also, what type of mouse you're using?

Let me know since that might help solve the issue.

1) Do you have any Skyrim mods running?

a)Oblivion: Qarl's Texture Pack III (higher quality textures to replace original. I used Oblivion Mod Manager to replace the textures, but that program isn't run afterwards.)

b)Skyrim: HighResTexturePack01.esp , HighResTexturePack02.esp, HighResTexturePack03.esp, Dawnguard.esm, Dragonborn.esm, HearthFires.esm . All these are default from buying Skyrim - Legendary Edition and the issue was there when I only had the standard edition.

2) Are you using a Script Extender of any kind?

No.

3) What type of keyboard are you using?

Logitech G15 (Model Name: Y-UW92

4) Also, what type of mouse you're using?

Logitech G5 (Model Name: M-UAH113A)

I noticed you sent in logs on Dec 10th, was that in conjunction with this issue?

If it was not, can you send logs after recreating the issue?

To send to your log files:

1) Open the Raptr client

2) Right click on the Raptr icon in the system tray

3) Click on Help, then Feedback.

4) In the window that appears, check the box at the bottom (Send log file).

5) In the text box, please either describe the issue or paste the ticket number for your issue.

6) Hit send.

7) Post back here when you have sent your logs.

(Note: Make sure that you quit out of any game you are in before you send in your logs.) 

Additionally, can you check to see if there are additional updates for your Logitech hardware (keyboard and mouse)? We'll want to make sure everything it up to date. (Mostly for Skyrim)

the double mouse bug is from skyrim self. simple fixed by opening and closing inventory quick.

The logs I sent on Dec 10th was in conjunction with the issue, however I resent the logs today after recreating the issue in these games.

Also there are no firmware updates for my mouse or keyboard. The logs I sent are with the Logitech Gaming Software off, but the issue is also there with the software on. The windows drivers for the keyboard and mouse are those from Microsoft that are plug n play installed. The only software from Logitech for these devices are the Logitech Gaming Software(Installed) and/or SetPoint(Not Installed) which are only used to customize functions.

I tried your fix for Skyrim OTTERKENPACHI480, but it didn't work for me. It's not a big deal of course, I just don't tab out of the game while playing Skyrim. Thanks for the help anyway Otter.