Start a new topic

GVR judder

Hi Guys,

Having a problem with my recordings using the GVR.

I initially recorded some Battlefield 4, I had no FPS drops in game but the final video looked very juddery. I tried again with FIFA 15 and have the exact same problems.

I'm attempting to record at 1080p. 60FPS and I've tried a range of bit-rates. The end result is always the same.

I've tried 14.12 AMD drivers with Raptr and, after using DDU driver removal, 14.4 AMD drivers with AMD Gaming Evolved. Both produced the same results.

The games run flawlessly whilst being recorded, my PC is clean, I feel I should be able to record without problems (especially FIFA). Does anyone have an ideas?

I've uploaded a clip of the problem here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!RsY00aAB!J4ygRg4gtWbHW0Damc5lenPo_npiu2qOJqc9WOzFISk

My PC:

AMD R9 270x

i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

SSD and HDD (tried recording to both)

Cheers!

Kashinoda

1 person has this problem

Login to post a comment

Anyone?

DXtory is perfect when using AMD VCE, essentially Raptr is using the same method but is problematic.I'd switch to DXtory but there's no bloody replay function :/

I posted about the same problem at the end of last month, and I haven't heard back either. When I plugged the videos in to Sony Movie Studio and counted the frames, the videos were essentially 50-52 fps I think. About every second, there would be 8-10 repeat frames. I tried using DXtory too, and it's the same deal. DXtorry just does a lot better job at hiding it, where GVR makes those 8-10 repeat frames really stand out.

I would really like to see this issue be fixed.

Sorry for the late reply. We're trying to catch up on tickets, etc.

The video is definitely odd and not intended. Do you know if this only happens in EA games, or does it happen in any game you try to record?

Have you uploaded logs yet? If you have not, can you recreate the issue (if you're still having it) and then send them in?

To send to your log files:

1) Open the Raptr client

2) Right click on the Raptr icon in the system tray

3) Click on Help, then Feedback.

4) In the window that appears, check the box at the bottom (Send log file).

5) In the text box, please either describe the issue or paste the ticket number for your issue.

6) Hit send.

7) Post back here when you have sent your logs.

(Note: Make sure that you quit out of any game you are in before you send in your logs.)