Start a new topic

Star Wars The Old Republic Lag Issues

Ok So I recently got SWTOR on my PC and it's been having some major lag issues. For instance when I log into a server the screen goes black and it takes 15 mins to load the textures and the FPS bounces between 1 and 15 fps. Also While I am in-game if I am standing still I have between 20-30 fps and the moment I start to move my character it drops down to 1 fps. I looked online before I got into SWTOR and saw that my specs are able to run the game smoothly, however that isn't the case. My Specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450 2GB

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3800+

RAM: 1 GB

All my Drivers are up-to-date. Any ideas on how to fix this lag since I should be able to run this game? I set all the settings in-game to low thinking that would fix it, but it didn't work. I set my visual theme to windows classic thinking that would fix it, but it didn't work. I set compatibility mode to Windows Xp Service Pack 3 and disabled visual themes and display scaling on High DPI settings thinking that would work, but it didn't. I defragmented my computer(which was 66% Fragmented) thinking that would work, but it didn't. So I'm kind of clueless at this point.

Login to post a comment

You need more RAM.

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better

RAM: Windows XP: 1.5 GB, Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB, PCs using a built-in graphic chipset: 2 GB OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Vista, 7

Video Card: 256 MB of on-board RAM and Shader model 3.0 or better support (ATI Radeon X1800 or better, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better).