Start a new topic

GVR crashes, Game compatibility and feature request.

Hi, I have been in contact with someone from AMD about this and I was asked to post it here.

I normally play with the record and replay features running where I can, but when sometimes when I launch a game these features will crash in the background and I don't usually notice until I try to capture something, when I close the game I get the error message I have attached and find that both features will have turned off in the gaming evolved app. I haven't been able to identify a solid pattern as to when it happens but path of exile and Kerbal space program are two examples of games that it will sometimes crash when they are launched. I haven't had it happen with every game.

As for game compatibility, it works with the majority of games I have tried it with that launch from steam, however it doesn't seem to work with some games that have their own launchers such as final fantasy XIII and it seems to refuse to work with any game launched from the battle.net launcher.

Finally I would like some way to better control what audio is captured, Game audio is desirable as is in some cases audio from VoIP chat. However audio from a youtube video I happen to be watching while playing is not.

Login to post a comment

Forgot to add specs in case that is relevant:

Windows 8.1

R9 290 with catalyst 14.12 drivers 

i5 4670k

z87 sabertooth

16gb DDR3 

force LX 512GB boot drive 

RM850 PSU

Are you still getting Error 31 or has it changed recently? We had a recent update that split the error into more specific issues. Sorry for the late reply. 

I've been getting a new error most of the the time it happens recently (22) I've attached a screencap of it.

Hmm...that is kind of what I was expecting. Can you send in your logs after recreating the error?

To send to your log files:

1) Open the Raptr client

2) Right click on the Raptr icon in the system tray

3) Click on Help, then Feedback.

4) In the window that appears, check the box at the bottom (Send log file).

5) In the text box, please either describe the issue or paste the ticket number for your issue.

6) Hit send.

7) Post back here when you have sent your logs.

(Note: Make sure that you quit out of any game you are in before you send in your logs.) 

P.S. Thanks for the feature request feedback as well. It's on the list of user requested features!

Hi, sorry it took so long, haven't been playing as much of the games it normally crashes on lately, It happened while launching TF2 this time. I have submitted the log file linking this thread in the description.

Thanks for sending that, we'll start working in a ticket for this issue. I'll lock this topic so we can stick with one avenue of responses. Ticket #8796 for your reference.