Start a new topic

Game ranking problem

Many games in my profile that were at different ranks above newbie now are in newbie rank, and require 200 hours of gameplay to reach Elite. What is causing this problem? Will it be fixed?

1 person likes this idea

Login to post a comment
I'm not sure which games you are referring to, but it sounds like they are simply games that many users are playing. The game ranks are where you rank in comparison to others, so when others surpass you, you fall back.

To me, it doesn't sound like a problem.

@949PAINTBALL I don't mean that other users have surpassed me. I don't have any problem with that. I mean that for example I was on the Dedicated Rank in the game The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap  and I required between 10 and 20 hours to reach Elite, but then suddenly my rank changed to Newbie and now I need almost 200 hours to reach Elite

It appears to be okay now. Are you still having an issue with it though?

Thanks for fixing this problem a month ago, but it seems to have appeared again. Can you fix it, please?

Sorry to be a necro but there has been a sudden change in game ranks. 

Yesterday I was elite in emperor battle for dune, and today I have dropped right down to newbie and need a further 186hours to be elite again.....I mean a change like that in 1 day is ridicolous. 

Same goes for several other games - I had about 8 games I was newbie rank on yesterday or day before. Today I have 22 games I am deemed as newbie - a lot of these games prior I was hardcore. 

Has something gone wrong? 

Yeah, something has gone wrong. It has been a while but they haven't fixed it. If you create a support ticket they'll just tell you about how the ranking system works and that requiring 200 hours to get elite means that not enough people play the game, but that doesn't make any sense, unless a lot of old unused Raptr accounts from people that "played" a lot of classic games had been deleted

@SirFur - It appears you have a total gameplay of 14 hours for Emperor Battle for Dune. Where are you seeing that it is stating you are of a "Newbie" Rank? Are you seeing on the client or the web? (Note that when I state web, I mean with your default browser and not the Raptr in-game browser). 

@fireboltDS - Can you give me an example of some games that are having this issue?

Castlevania Circle of the moon, Cave Story, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Mario Tennis Power Tour, Rock Band Unplugged, Sword of Mana, Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom, The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem. Megaman Zero 2, Touhou Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Megaman Battle Network, Touhou Imperishable Night, Advance Wars 2 Black Hole Rising, Paper Mario, Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddy's Kong Quest, Asphalt 8 Airbone, Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance, Resident Evil 2, etc, etc, etc...

Hi, 

Ok so it seems I went from 22 games where i was a newbie rank to 13 games overnight. (Same time went from 44 elite games to 50) 5 of these newbie rank have now become elite, the rest either hardcore or dedicated where they were previously, like emperor dune for example. It WAS newbie rank, but now back to hardcore where it was before. Some other unresolved examples include the following Descent:Freespace (I was hardcore I believe now I need 200hours to get there), Master levels for Doom 2 (was hardcore now newbie, again need nearly 150hours for elite). 

The rest have sorted themselves out.

ps. I was seeing the wrong ranks on BOTH client and web. Currently, the 2 games mentioned show that rank on both client and web too. 

Hi, 

Things look like as they are now back to normal. 

Server bug? or did you correct something? 

@SirFur - No changes done on our end (that I know of). Let us know if it comes up again though.