Start a new topic

Game slowdowns once every 15min when recording to replay on Mantle

Hi all,

I  have noticed a problem when recording with the replay function when playing BF4 running Mantle.

About 15 min into the recording or more accurately when recording to the buffer since it's actually the replay feature, the game will slow down the frames will drop really badly. My FPS will go from 100+ to 10-15 FPS causing major slowdowns which never normally happens. 

It lasts for about 5-10 seconds and then goes back to normal but at the time of it happening it's unplayable and i'll usually die. This only happens when recording with Raptr/Gaming evolved app on Mantle.

Last time this happened I sent a feedback report from within the app with logs to help fix this issue, it doesn't happen for around another 15 minutes but it will return in approx. 15 minutes later but then after 5-10 seconds it goes back to normal performance.

This bug is pretty bad and only happens when recording with Raptr on Mantle. I can't use Raptr on DX11 as the pixels are not scaling correctly from my 1440p screen to 1080p, other software with VCE doesn't have the issue on DX11 so I use Mantle at 720p as that is the only version I can use without issues besides the slowdowns I am talking about.

My setup:

Windows 8.1 64bit

Catalyst Omega 14.12

ASUS Swift PG278Q - 2560x1440p @ 135% Res Scale (3456x1944p) internal resolution at 120hz averaging 120 FPS on Mantle :)

i7 4770K @ 4.3Ghz

Asus Maximus VI Formula

Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600Mhz (2x 8GB) 

2x MSI R9 290X Gaming 4G OC (running in Crossfire and Mantle)

Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500GB (OS)

Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB (Secondary Empty Drive)

Toshiba 2TB (Recording drive)

Login to post a comment
I created a support ticket about the issue a while back. It's not recorder related though.
It slows down even if you don't have any games or recorders running at all - simply having Raptr running is enough. You can see in the logs that Raptr launches some kind of a task at the time and it does it every 15 minutes. It consumes some CPU resources and you only see it in games because that is when the CPU drain becomes noticeable by affecting performance.