Start a new topic

Tracking GOG Games

I like Steam, Origin, and even Uplay, but prefer to buy and play games from GOG whenever possible.  Will we ever be able to use Raptr to track our GOG gameplay, perhaps once the GOG Galaxy client is released?

4 people like this idea

Login to post a comment

Unless games from GOG have a specific install path (similar to Steam) they should still be able to be detected as long as we have a detection file for that game. 

As for the GOG Galaxy, we'll have to see how it institutes everything and connects to games. I don't think we've looked into it too much just because it appears to still be in closed Alpha/Beta state. 

Yes, indeed GOG does have a specific install path similar to Steam.
The default install path is "C:\GOG Games" and could have been changed by the user.

In ANY case, the current default install path can be read from registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GOG.com
with value defined in :
DefaultPackPath

e.g

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GOG.com
DefaultPackPath="C:\GOG Games\"

@lordbane68 - Can you provide an example game that shows up in the GOG Games folder?

Sure. In fact here is the entire contents of my GOG Games folder:

G:\GOG Games>dir /b
Age of Wonders
Akalabeth - World of Doom
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Beneath a Steel Sky
Betrayal at Krondor
Betrayal in Antara
Broken Sword - The Sleeping Dragon
Broken Sword 2 Remastered
Broken Sword 4
Broken Sword 5 - the Serpents Curse
Broken Sword DC
Demon Stone
Dragonsphere
Dungeons and Dragons - Dragonshard
FTL - Advanced Edition
Icewind Dale Complete
Icewind Dale II
Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition
Planescape Torment
Sam and Max 2
SpellForce - Platinum Edition
Spellforce 2 - Demons of the Past
SpellForce 2 - Dragon Storm
SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars
Star Control
Star Control 2
Temple of Elemental Evil
Treasure Adventure Game
Tyrian 2000
Ultima 4 - Quest of the Avatar
Warsow
Worlds of Ultima - The Savage Empire

@lordbane68 - Thanks for providing a list. We'll continue to respond in the ticket you created for the same topic. Ticket #11045 for your reference. 

Found this on Google, and would really appreciate an update on the subject.

I currently have "The Walking Dead - Season 1" installed, but can't add the game manually. GOG's file structure is different I think. Raptor asks for "gamedata\walkingdead101.exe", but the exe is in the root directory and is named "WalkingDead100.exe". Renaming it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Funny Verun, pretending like Raptr is still supporting game tracking

To be honest I am finding raptr pretty pointless at the moment.  I have over 100 games that are not recognised. I do not buy all my games on Steam,  I also get them from GOG, Origin and many Indie Bundles too.  What needs to be done is an option for us to manually add any game we own.  This way Raptr can hold our whole library.  Until this happens I may just as well uninstall raptr as I have no use for it.  I wanted it to be a one stop shop to record time spent in each of my games.  Steam does this as does GOG but other games I have like online ones and Indie ones I can not do this with and was hoping raptr would be able to.  So please add an option where we can manually add any game we want.

Agreed, Morbeus

@morbeous, @Dexploratio - 

If you are unhappy with our tracking service, you are more than welcome to use another company's service for game tracking. Sorry that you feel our tracking is not up to your standards.

@Verun it was perfectly fine 2 years ago -_- why break a good service and then tell your customers to fuck off? Just don't get it...

@Dexploratio - The sheer amount of game releases (due to both Steam Greenlight Games, the rise of Indie titles and multiple platforms for PC: Steam, Ubisoft, GOG, Origin, etc) makes it very difficult to keep up to date. Nothing really 'broke', it's just hard to keep up. GOG essentially added thousands of games that need different detections when we're already having trouble keeping up with Steam alone (and let's be honest, Steam is more popular than GOG). This also does not take into account any changes that might be needed to current games. 

We ask users to use another service for game tracking if they're unhappy with ours simply because: If you're unhappy with a service, why keep using it? We don't mind feedback, and we get it regularly; both good and bad. However, Dexploratio, your only presence on the forums seems to be constantly filled with negative comments about the staff/company/product, while ignoring the beneficial things that we have done. I would imagine if you were consistently unhappy with a product for several months, that you would move on. Why keep going to a restaurant if you hate the food?

Keep in mind that due to the volume of tickets we receive it can be difficult to get to the forums and we prefer to deal with issues in tickets. Thus why it may seem why we aren't on the forums very often.

What would make it a lot easier is if we could manually add our own games.  I have stopped using Raptr as only about 10% of my 700+ games are tracked on it

@morbeous - 

I agree, that would make it a lot easier. Not sure if we can do that with our current system though.