Start a new topic

Is AMD GVR possible on my video card?

Hey guys im currently gaming on a 5 year old PC atm (need an upgrade I know)

Here are my current specs

CPU: Intel i5 2500k

GPU: AMD 6950 sapphire 2GB

RAM: 8gb G.skill ripjaws 1600

SSD: intel 330

HDD 1: Samsung spinpoint HD103sj - 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate barracuda - 2TB

Mobo: Asus p8z68-V

I had another 1tb that I used to record fraps videos on but now that I have no choice to use one of the others it gets choppier since the other hard drives have less space than I would like.

I've been looking for alternatives on overclockers.net and they suggested dxtory with lagarith codec which seems to work ok and such but I seem to get washed out colours (reds kinda appear orange like) and I think it has to do with the YUV setting or something.

I was wondering if it is possible to use the GVR with my current video card and what settings could I use to get 1080p 60 fps video?

I have provided the attachments of the washed out colour example

Login to post a comment

Your card shouldn't have an issue using GVR. If anything, you should at least be able to enable the Software Encoding feature and use your CPU's power. If you have any issues with it, you're more than welcome to let us know. 

As for the 1080p at 60fps, you can place those settings here: 

That's kind of an issue with the quality though, what bitrate should I use? I can only use low and custom as medium and high are greyed out. When recording is it automatically compressed or should I compress using something else? (like vegas and x264)

@MajorFoley - The Medium and High Quality sounds like you might be running off of Software Encoding, so you may see some performance drop (if it is running off Software Encoding like I think). 

I'd recommend playing around with the bitrate settings since increasing them can cause potential loss in framerate. So unfortunately, I can't recommend anything specifically since you'd have to toy around with it to see what kind of performance you get.