Start a new topic

Recording video issue??

I new to recording with AMD so don't bash on me if this is a simple fix. I was testing to start recording Minecraft and when i went back to look at the recording it only showed the lower left hand corner of the recording and showed the home screen for the rest of the screen. I play Minecraft full screen but I have it start in windowed version then enlarge it. i know its something to do with the resolution but I don't know exactly what to do. if someone could help me that would be nice.

Login to post a comment

You may want to see if starting Minecraft in Fullscreen mode (if it's possible) can help with this issue. Also, which version of Minecraft are you using? Are you using any mods/modpacks?

i tried that as well and it still doesnt work. im using 1.7.10 and yes its modded

The modded part could make a difference depending on which mod it is. 

Minecraft itself can be a difficult game to get detection and recording correctly. Which modpack/mods are you using?

Is Minecraft the only game that is not recording for you? 

I just started the latest version of minecraft and it worked so i guess its something to do with the mods or 1.7.10 version. im only having issues with minecraft as far as i know. and the mods i have are: treecapitator,bspkrs core, baubles, bibliocraft, craftguide, decocraft, code chicken core, custom mob spawner, mo creatures, journeymap, my.crayfish funiture, NEI, optifine, pams harvestcraft, pams get all seeds, thaumcraft, twilight forest, waila, and witchery are my mods

Is that a modpack or are you adding them 1 by 1? I know we have detections for some modpacks, however it's very difficult to keep up to date with them (as I'm sure you're aware). I believe 1.7 by itself should work, but I'm fairly positive it's the mods that are causing the issue. 

I added them one by one. I might have an idea of what mod is causing the issue but I haven't had a chance to tinker with it. I'm usually pretty good at keep track of the mods if there is an updated version. Thanks for helping btw

Let us know what you find out. Sorry there isn't more we can do. When it's mod related, anything could go haywire.

I'll let you know what I find out. It would be nice if mods didn't make recording so difficult.

Yeah, it's kind of odd that it is. Typically mods get in the way with detection (since it can radically change game files). However you should be able to record normally as long as it is running, but feel free and let me know what you find.

I thought it might have been my map mod since I have it in the lower left corner of the game but I was wrong, I plan to go thorough all the mods and see if it's one specific one or if I have to use a different recording system

@scarletxhazard - It would be interesting if a certain mod caused an issue with us being unable to record. Let us know if you find anything.

Will do