Start a new topic

Raptr video capture causing video driver crash and then BSOD

I am having repeated issues with video driver crashes while recording. It doesn't seem to affect Hearthstone, Warthunder, or Smite. However, the crashes are near constant with Skyrim and XCom: Enemy Within (sometimes I can play for close to an hour without issue, most of the time, I can play for about 15 minutes and then it crashes). The system will recover the driver, but I have to restart the system. If I don't, then as soon as I start to run any game, the system will BSOD. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my video drivers and the Raptr application itself, but the problem has not been resolved. According to Event Viewer, the file that is causing the issue is amdkmdap. I am really getting to my wits end with this, and don't want to have to go as far as reinstalling the OS. Any ideas?

CPU: AMD FX-4130 ~3.8GHz

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon R270x /w 4GB DDR5

Video Driver: 15.200.1062.1004

RAM: 8GB 1333MHz DDR3

Login to post a comment
When i installed 15.7.1 i started to have the same problem, whit raptr open i have bsod in every game, now i installed to 14.4 and worked fine then updated to 14.12 and  cant record, the recording timer just get stucked in 00:00.

@anightfire - Do you only get this issue with Raptr/AMD Gaming Evolved running in the background?

Basically the same issue- I can run Skyrim without Raptr with no crashes.  With Skyrim and Raptr it has constantly crashed during game.  I have over 360 hours in Skyrim, but only 2 something hours with Raptr..and that was because I did not figure out it was causing it.  I tried it again today - with the updates and all- still crashed every 2 minutes.  Nothing is hot or over clocked.

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

AMD 8350 4000 Mhz

Radeon R9 280X  3072MB GDDR5

Video driver Cat: 15.20.1062-150715a-187142C  / ver 15.7.1

G.SKILL TridentX Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-8GTX

@cya21st - Have you tried disabling the in-game overlay for Skyrim? It tends to have issues. Are you auto-recording while playing Skyrim, or does Raptr just have to be open in the background?

Verun - No.  I do not use overlay on any games.  And Raptr was okay for a while...now in Skyrim it is bad ..still.  I can play Payday 2, Borderlands 2,etc on high settings and no problems with Raptr.  So far Skyrim now.

@cya21st - What kind of mods are you running in Skyrim?

What resolution are you running as well? Windowed? Fullscreen?

If your response is fairly normal, then we'll probably need to ask for logs and create a ticket for this issue.