Start a new topic

Constantly scanning even though game data collection is disabled

Raptr in AMD GE keeps scanning eventhough the option to collect game data is disabled. It does this twice a day and my HDD makes quite a lot of noise because of it for long periods of time. How do i disabled it?

http://puu.sh/jRaO9/f25b2f38e2.png It peaks at around 5 mb/s which seems low but it still is very noisy even on a WD Green.

Login to post a comment

I don't believe we have a method to stop the scan of games. 

The option you enabled will prevent optimization (so we don't look for the cfg files) and we don't grab your dxdiag.

"Game Tracking" under the Games tab will prevent your games from being tracked. 

Without scanning for games on the PC, the client doesn't have a lot of features it can do. Is there any specific reason why you don't want it to scan for games besides the noise?

"I don't believe we have a method to stop the scan of games. "

That's rather unfortunate :/ Is there no way to just add a game to the library as soon as raptr hooks into one with the ingame app rather than constantly scanning the whole disk on set intervals? Or maybe even add games manually or start scans manually?

"Is there any specific reason why you don't want it to scan for games besides the noise?"

Other than the noise there's also the problem with games loading while raptr is scanning that harddrive. Especially with games like star citizen it can increase the loading time significantly. Other than that i'm also afraid that raptr decides to scan while I'm opening a strongbox in path of exile which spawns enemies that weren't previously pre-loaded in the game. I'm not sure if it pulls data from the hard disk at that time but stuff like that could cause a long dip in fps which could result in the death of the character.

Thankfully, we do not do a scan for games while you're actually in a game. So you shouldn't have to worry about any significant drop in FPS. We should only be doing a game scan every 8 or so hours, so it seems odd that you'd be running across a lag issue this often. How large is your game library on your PC? It could be the difference between a 45 second scan, or a 15 minute one. 

You can add a game manually, but it will still scan for games. You can start scans manually as well in the Game Library. 

"How large is your game library on your PC?"

100+ installed games over 3 different drives including an external one.

"Thankfully, we do not do a scan for games while you're actually in a game"

Good to hear that. Does a scan stop when you go into a game while it's scanning?

Over 100 (but lower than 200) should only be a minute or so. The PC we have here that typically has around 1000-2000 games on it typically takes 15+ minutes. 

And it does not stop scanning if you go into a game. It will finish the scan even if it's getting into the game.