Start a new topic

Battlefield 4 freezes when launched with Mantle API enabled

I'm using the latest Catalyst 15.8 Beta driver.

My rig:

GPU: Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X 2 GB

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570

System RAM: 8 GB

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4

Please fix this.

Login to post a comment

Does it crash even if AMD Gaming Evolved is closed?

(Keep in mind that there are still current issues with Mantle Recording)

No, it doesn't crash when AMD Gaming Evolved is disabled and Mantle is enabled.

Ah okay. Does it crash if Mantle is disabled, but you're still using AMD Gaming Evolved?

No, everything works fine when the game is launched in DirectX 11 mode and AMD Gaming Evolved is enabled.

The same also happens with me. I tried to record with DX11 but that only resulted in large framerate drops.

We're already made aware of issues surrounding Mantle with Raptr or Plays.tv recording. The results of what may happen could be random (it may work normally, could have FPS issues, or result in crashing, etc). We're still looking into the issue. 

• Games that run Mantle will work fine if Plays.tv or Raptr is not recording in the background.
  • If it can run in DX11, it should be able to record without issues (This does not guarantee you won't possibly run across issues. If you do have an issue, we recommend creating a ticket.)

Are there news on this topic? I'm now using the Crimson driver and the game still crashes when I start the recording.

@alkcair - Just tested it on AMD Mantle. Recording is working as intended now and didn't crash (Recording was only recently fixed). You may want to create a ticket specifically about the crashing issue so we can get logs, etc.

Okay then... I just opened one. I hope you guys can help me. :)

@alkcair - Replied back. Thanks for sending that in!

Well, normally I wouldn't complain out in the forum but why is there no answer for now over a month to my ticket?

My bad, I didn't get a response regarding your ticket specifically. I'll respond to your ticket now though.