Start a new topic

When can we expect a proper resolution support??

Although raptr has almost zero performance hit , unfortunately it supports only 3 modes (xxx, 720p, 1080p) and I have 1920x1200 monitor. So when I record stuff the output file gets reduced resolution (17**x1080). And what about the ones who play at 1440p resolution?

GCN 1.2 cards are capable recording up to 4K/30fps btw..

It's a shame that AMD sponsored software can't properly utilize AMDs gpus.. =(

Shadowplay used to have the same problem resolution wise but nvidia fixed it..

When can we expect raptr to get improved?

Thank you.

PS I've tried using a third party OBS multiplatform version and it works fine. However.. performance hit is quite noticeable compared to shadowplay\raptr. I get approximately 5-6 fps hit at 1920x1200 30 fps recording, but it's the same with nvidias nvenc in OBS...When can we expect a proper resolution support??

4 people like this idea

Login to post a comment
I have 3440x1440 res and I would REALLY like more versatile resolution support. I'm quite happy taking more of a performance hit because of the resolution.  But 3rd party apps drop performance dramatically, eg. 120-160fps to 30fps.
I am REALLY thrilled with my 295X2 but video capture is not really competitive when compared to shadowplay.

I currently have a 21:9 monitor with a resolution of 2560*1080, but Plays.tv records videos at a resolution of 1920*810 so there's a really noticeable loss of quality in the end. Since 1440p and 4K monitor are getting more and more popular, are you (or plays.tv) planing on proposing higher resolution for capturing videos ? That would help a lot.

@ced_rock93 - It definitely seems like we're heading that route, but I don't have any ETA on when we'll have "official" support for it yet. The 21:9 ratio issue with Error 20032 is something that we'll be fixing soon.