We have heard of several cases of users being unable to open the Plays.tv client at all. This might happen after an update, but typically happens with a fresh install.
The symptoms we hear from users usually are:
- Client never appears on the desktop
- Trying to open it again states that it is already open
- Attempting to click on the System Tray icon makes it disappear
- It's running in Task Manager
So far, we have been unable to find a direct cause for why this is happening to some users. We recommend our usual potential fixes:
- Run the Plays.tv client as Administrator
- Check your Firewall / Antivirus to ensure it's not blocking
- Disable Compatibility Mode (in the exe Properties) if it's enabled
- Reinstall the Plays.tv client
If none of that works, we highly recommend letting us know by creating a Support Ticket so we can try to get more information, and possibly find the trend on why this is happening.