Most issues where someone is unable to record are PC-specific and not usually a wide-spread issue that effects everyone. However, here are some things to try and look for if Plays.tv is not recording for you:
- Do you meet the System Requirements for Recording?
- Are your video drivers up to date?
- Is there a 3rd party program that might be causing a conflict? (Other Recorders, Screen Capturing Tools, In-game Overlays, etc)
- Are you using a SLI or Crossfire Configuration in your machine?
- Is the game heavily modded, and does removing the mod allow it to record?
- Do you have an edition of Windows N or KN? (Related Article)
3rd Party Programs causing interference is the #1 reason why Recording can be stopped or altered for Plays.tv.
There are also cases where specific games may not record. While it's very difficult to be up to date on every game that may potentially have an issue, here is a list of known games that may have problems recording: Problematic Games List
If the questions above do not help you discover the issue to why you cannot record, you're welcome to contact us in our Support System. How to Send in Client Logs