First, use Plays.tv as you would normally to capture your gameplay footage. Edit your video to the duration you wish to save and share. From here, you could save to Plays.tv if you wish.
To start the upload to YouTube, follow these steps:
1) On the left side of the interface, click on a game that you have recorded. That will show you the clips that you can choose from. Right-click on the clip you wish to upload. Choose "Upload to YouTube".
2) The uploading window will come up, showing your selected video. Add a Video Title to the clip.
3) If you are not logged into your YouTube account, hit the "Log in" link. A Google Sign-in window will appear. Type in your YouTube user name and Password.
4) You will then need to hit the Accept button to allow Plays.tv to "Manage" your YouTube account. (This gives the app permission to post to YouTube on your behalf.)
5) Plays.tv will now properly show your username. Hit the "Upload to YouTube" button.
6) Plays.tv will then go through two progress bars to Optimize and Upload the clip to YouTube. (This may take some time based on your connection speed.)
7) Once it completes, press the "See it on YouTube" button to go to the clip on YouTube. You are done!